Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My new track bike




Last month I got an amazing deal on this sweet new track bike: a Fuji Track Pro. It's super light and a legitimate track racing bike, designed to go fast. How could I resist? Unfortunately, the chassis may not have a motor to match, but I will do my best. I'm looking forward to trying track tracing because it will be an entirely new learning curve, which is exciting. I should be able to see some real improvement. I'm also hoping that the sprinting skills and tactics will come in handy on the road.

Thursday at the Northbrook Velodrome will be my track racing debut. I'm a little nervous because track racing is a lot more fast-paced and involves riding at closer quarters than riding on the road. There are some fast women at Northbrook and we all race together, so I'll probably get my whatever handed to me. But at the same time, since it's my first time racing, there will be very little pressure. If I come in last...hey, it was my first race! But I won't come in last. Not on this bike!

(I swiped this photo from Michael Lenzi's flicker page.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I just recently got a great deal on a 2004 Fuji Track Pro... everybody must be blowing them out. I haven't tried racing yet, just been using it for training at Encino.

-- Gabe

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home