Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Three great recent moments in sports



3. The World Cup started this week. The Czech team was brilliant, or else the US just really stinks. I am quite enamored with Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky, mullet and all.


I am currently watching Germany-Poland and trying to learn Spanish from Univision. "La pelota no entro!" (the ball did not go in) "Se come la camiseta!" (he is eating his shirt)

2. Levi Leipheimer won the Dauphiné Libéré. It is time to start preparing for the Tour...I must stock up on bottled water, corn chips and video tapes. I received the Outside magazine "Tour Preview" issue this week. It was pretty useless, but I was amused with their futile efforts to make Floyd Landis look sexy with dramatic camerawork. I'm sorry, but Photoshop is just not up to this challenge.

1. Of course, the greatest athletic achievement of the past week undoubtedly took place just upstairs: my baby niece learned to roll over onto her belly!

(photo by Luke Seemann)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home