Friday, December 08, 2006

The November Challenge

The news for December is that it's, like, 10 degrees outside. Why did I leave LA?

The other news is that December marked the end of Luke and my Great November Weight Loss Challenge. On November 3, we decided that the person losing the greatest percentage of their body weight in the coming month would decide what nasty task the loser (or in this case, the lesser-loser) would have to undertake. I was gentle and told Luke he'd have to get my car waxed and detailed. He was positively mean and told me I'd have to do the Polar Bear Swim on January 1st--i.e., jump in Lake Michigan. Obviously he could care less about my health and my tendency to get bronchial infections every January.

Luke's meanness backfired, however, because fear of freezing cold water is a powerful motivator. This week we weighed in, and I came out the winner. Granted, nobody lost much, but I am 4 pounds lighter and looking forward to driving a shiny clean car.

We have re-upped for December, and I am trying to decide what the wager should be.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you win, he will buy that nice, chocolate brown couch cover...
And while you wager, I would go ahead and buy it, for you never know if it will be around for long...

And congratualations, btw. I'm glad you're not swimming in the cold. :]

-ang

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me guess...the Polar Bear challenge is still on.

7:23 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

I actually already bought him the couch cover. It looks very nice.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home