Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mia vs. Clif

My roommate's pets live in fear.

Some of you will recall the episode of the staticky rats, in which I let my computer power cord dangle too close to the rat cage and nearly electrocuted hungry Scabbers and Little Don. Good human-rat relations ended when I discovered that Apple charges 80 bucks for a replacement power cord.

I get along much better with Mia Miranda, the teacup poodle. Mia is my roommate's boyfriend's dog, but she has come to stay with us so she can have company during the day. Mia likes to sit in my lap while I'm on the computer. But she is a fragile little dog. She is about the size of a can of Coke and too small to climb up stairs. I am constantly tiptoeing around the house trying not to step on her, because she is so easily crushable.

Yesterday I left a peanut butter Clif Bar in an open pocket of my cycling bag. Somehow two-pound Mia managed to eat the entire thing. If you added legs and a head to a Clif Bar, that is about how big Mia is. I worried that eating half her weight in pb-soy-oat-snack might actually kill her. I mean, if I ate 70 Clif Bars, I think I would die.

Mia was pretty jittery from all the sugar, but today she seems fine. The kitchen rug is not so fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home